Saturday, September 26, 2009

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

As a cook or chef, you have to be able to think fast on your feet, use whatever you have on hand to make something great and satisfy the guest. With my recent career development, I have rethought my situation. Of course I need to have a job and make a living. We are getting married and I do need to support my family. However do I need to spend every waking moment at in a restaurant kitchen for someone else? I think not, and not what I want for my family or just my own life. Someone recently wrote to me that I should follow my heart and take informed risks. Everyday is a risk of some sort so why not make the best out of every situation, improvise, adapt and overcome any obstacle thrown in your way.

So with some inspiration from our friend "The Quigg"- Bridget is one of Lydia's friends and has become one of mine and truly my greatest supporter outside of Lydia, we put together a website and I applied for all the necessary licences and the correct insurance. We are now working as Cochon Catering. Cochon is the French word for pig, no surprise for those who know me. We are trying to market this to people who like great food, are looking for something unbelievable prepared in their own home kitchen, with no real stress from shopping, cooking or cleanup. We are going to try and keep this project as green as possible from the reusable packaging to the green cleaning products.

We will be tailoring menus to each clients needs and wants, so will be holding true to the ideals of La Bocca. Hopefully the clients we acquire with Cochon Catering will also be willing to visit us one day at La Bocca.

This new direction is only a small part of what I want for my family's life. Yes I would love to open LA Bocca, but will I sacrifice my family or my health to struggle with no hope in site? NO! We are going to continue to work towards the ever present dream of La Bocca, but Cochon will be our focus for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate you taking the time to read our blog.