Sunday, August 30, 2009

How things change

To everyone who has been following us either through twitter or facebook I would like to say thanks. For all the folks who have come to our tastings and been part of La Bocca so far, your input has been beyond value.

If you have seen our twitter from a few days ago you will realize I am leaving my present position and taking a job as a sous chef for Terrance Brennan. He owns several restaurants in NYC and is opening an outpost in Bellevue. To some this may seem to be a step backwards but it is an opportunity to help open a huge fine dining restaurant and continue to hone my skills.

With the recent engagement to Lydia I found myself thinking of the future and my responsibilities as a husband and one day as a father. I have lived the majority of my life being only concerned for my own well being. Now that has changed. I will have responsibilities to my family. This position offers benefits, health care, vacation time and sick leave. Most restaurants can't afford these but for a few key employees.

We are not giving up the dream of La Bocca, in fact this delay will give us a better chance to save for a down payment and perfect our business plan and the format. I would be content to open La Bocca on a shoestring but the likelihood of failure is greater than I can accept for my soon to be family. Restaurants will always be a risky business but with proper preparation we will have a better chance of success.

We will continue to blog, tweet and experiment with menu ideas but our opening will be delayed for a bit. Unless we hit the lottery and don't have to work for other people we will be patient and get things as ready as possible. We will continue to search for a location and investors as time allows, but we won't be rushing the opening.

Again we thank all those who have followed us and given support. Have no fear La Bocca is coming, it is just at a slightly slower place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate you taking the time to read our blog.